Sunday, January 17, 2010

a word of caution about the G1 dev tools app

I just spent a hour and half recovering my phone after I enabled a setting that put the phone into a boot loop.


I am glad that I had a BART backup from the last time I did a rom upgrade.  I ended up wiping all data and restoring the backup, then reapplying the latest update.  I still need to replace the Contacts.apk with the latest one.  Without Amon-Ra's custom recovey rom I would have ended up without a working phone until I got back home.


It is definitely work keeping the base defanged rom and the update I am currently using on the sd card.


For more information about G1 customization go to the xda developers forums.




I was at : 755 Elmwood Ave, Vallejo, CA 94591,


No comments:

Post a Comment

Request Information